[csw-maintainers] CUPS issues

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Tue Sep 15 20:53:06 CEST 2009

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 11:11 AM, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski
<maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:

> To summarize:
>
> with -xO2 bug1 is triggered, but bug2 is not
> with -xO0 bug1 is not triggered, but bug2 is.
>
> Since bug2 seems to be relatively easy to fix, I got working binaries
> by compiling cups with -xO0 and thus hiding bug1.

owch.

Please remember that, odds are, its only ONE FILE, that needs to be
compiled this way. If you feel masochistic,you might try substituting
files around to see which ones are critical.

Then again... do you REAAALLY need optimized cups? :-)

oh, btw; you are concerned about a specific demon, not the library
(yes?), you also certainly have the option of compiling with gcc
without it affecting anything else(?).

Although you might also use older/newer version of sun compiler as
alternative, too!