[csw-maintainers] interdependent packages moving to /etc/opt/csw

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Wed Sep 16 20:39:59 CEST 2009

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Wed Sep 16 14:33:17 -0400 2009:

> It sounds "highly complex". yikes.

It's all the docbook junk which has packages register themselves,
etc.  Ordering is very important, which is the real fly in the
ointment.

> I would suggest that,for the sake of our users, you provide some sort
> of migration script, that first verifies everything is at the minimum
> level required (or does a "strings xyz" to see that the paths have
> changed), and then does the neccessary backflips. Or bombs out with
> appropriate error messages, if not up to date.

This sounds reasonable.  I'll put something together and make it
available.  I don't think it should go in any one ofhe packages
though, since it's of limited future value.

Thanks

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.