[csw-maintainers] GAR classes list variable name

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Tue Sep 22 10:02:22 CEST 2009

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 8:38 AM, Peter Bonivart <bonivart at opencsw.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 9:30 AM, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski
> <maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> Is it CLASSES as described at [1] or SPKG_CLASSES as used in [2]?
>
> It's CLASSES when doing manual stuff in pkginfo and it's SPKG_CLASSES
> when using mGAR v2. But now it's even simpler to do when using GAR so
> you don't even have to bother with setting the classes.

I've read the instructions on the and they don't seem complete to me.
There are 2 things needed to set the file ownership:

1. A file defining users and groups (USERGROUP = ...)
2. A prototype with the ugfiles class

The second bit needs to be done by filtering the prototype, is that
right? A sample piece of code:

USERGROUP = /opt/csw/etc/pkg/CSWmysql5/cswusergroup
PROTOTYPE_FILTER = awk ' \
    $$$$3 ~ /\/var\/opt\/csw\/mysql5$$$$/ { $$$$2 = "ugfiles"; \
                                            $$$$4 = "0700"; \
                                            $$$$5 = "mysql"; \
                                            $$$$6 = "mysql" } \
    { print }'
SPKG_CLASSES = none ugfiles

Without the last line (SPKG_CLASSES), my ugfiles-class file wasn't
created on the disk during package installation.