[csw-maintainers] ganglia unofficial 3.1.3 RC in testing

Daniel Pocock daniel at opencsw.org
Tue Sep 22 16:48:25 CEST 2009

Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> Am 22.09.2009 um 16:20 schrieb Daniel Pocock:
> > Ganglia 3.1.3 is now out on http://ganglia.info/testing and the
> > version in OpenCSW testing has been updated.
> >
> > It is basically the same as the packages I built last week in OpenCSW
> > testing, with two more minor patches added just before release.
> >
> > Has anyone tried these packages?  I would appreciate some feedback
> > before moving them to newpkgs
> >
> > Dago, are you happy to install them on the build farm?  If so, please
> > let me know the name of the server where ganglia_web is installed, so
> > I can check the web interface.
>
> Cool, would you mind writing up some mini-docs on what to install on which
> machine at
>   <http://wiki.opencsw.org/packages>
> so I can install it?

It's easier than that:

- install ganglia_agent on every machine

- install ganglia_web on the machine where you want to see the reports
(it requires apache2) - probably a public web server

- browse to http://<apache2 machine>/ganglia/

Everything should work automatically (after you restart apache2 perhaps,
although you will see a message about that)