[csw-maintainers] Using a package from current on stable

Daniel Pocock daniel at opencsw.org
Wed Sep 23 13:06:02 CEST 2009

The Ganglia package I've been working with works on a wide range of
architectures.  I thought I would try to install the package on a
Solaris 8 system with OpenCSW stable instead of current

Two issues arise:
- cswclassutils is missing on stable
- expat.so.0 on stable, expat.so.1 expected for current

Therefore, I suspect I need to

- copy some additional things, e.g. cswclassutils, to the system where I
want Ganglia

- rebuild my package for stable's library versions - how do I tell gar
to do that?

Given that my package is a new package and doesn't impact any other
packages, are there any other steps I need to take to make it suitable
for an upcoming stable release?  Will the use of cswclassutils prevent
me from having the package in stable?