[csw-maintainers] Change python modules catalog names to have a py_ prefix (instead of just py)?

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Fri Sep 25 00:55:29 CEST 2009

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 3:41 PM, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Excerpts from Sebastian Kayser's message of Thu Sep 24 17:38:12 -0400 2009:
>> So how about
>> 1) If it's a pure module, py_<modulename>.
>> 2) If it's main use is as application, <upstreamname>.
>> 3) In case of doubt, cross-check with other distributions?.
>
> Logical and concise.  +1.
>
> -Ben
> --

works for me.

only thing left to do is pick a place to officially document this,
unless there are objections.

traditionally, the person in charge of [language], has primarily been
in charge of [stuff to do with that language].

Since Mike Watters is our current python maintainer:
Mike, how about I give you perms to edit
http://www.opencsw.org/standards/python, and you fill in that, and
anything else you think appropriate?