[csw-maintainers] C++ hell with Sun Studio and GCC

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Fri Sep 25 04:20:37 CEST 2009

Excerpts from Dagobert Michelsen's message of Tue Sep 22 01:45:33 -0400 2009:
> So I propose making a Solaris 8 Ruby with GCC if you really need it
> and starting with Solaris 9 and Sun Studio 12 for eveything else.

Ok.  That's what I'll do.

> BTW, are you interested in packaging up RubeEE and Phusion Passenger?
>    <http://www.phusion.nl/products.html>
> I would need that also for my project, but as Ruby maintainer this
> would naturally be more on your side ;-)

I don't use either of these, although Phusion might be interesting.
We're about to order replacement hardware for the box running our RoR
site though and the new setup won't be running solaris at all...My
requirement of keeping solaris 8 support will soon be gone.  I'll only
need ruby for non-web stuff on our other solaris boxen.

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.