[csw-maintainers] /testing Some X11 proto updates

William Bonnet william at wbonnet.net
Sun Sep 27 22:11:37 CEST 2009

Hi

> Simply as a way to group them via a common prefix. But honestly, i don't
> mind having a shorter one either.
>
> We will hit the 20 chars limit with x11proto_ and that in turn will drag
> a whole other discussion with it. One that we need to have some time,
> but maybe not this time.

So do we agree that :

For proto packages
	We add a x11_ prefix to all proto files
	We keep the name of the package unchanged after the prefix
	Proto packages that are not named like fooproto, are also unchanged and prefix by x11_
	Devel suffix will not be used for these files (even if the contains the same kind of files as _devel packages)

	Example : fooproto  -> x11_fooproto
		  xbarproto -> x11_xbarproto
		  muf       -> x11_muf

For X11/libs
	We don't change anything

I have commited almost all the proto and libs that were pending on my side. I still have a few options to add to be consistent with Dago's modifications (i am thinking of some extra merge steps). But before doing it i have to release and thus rename a few proto packages.

Cheers
W.

--
William                  http://www.wbonnet.net