[csw-maintainers] Get zero deps with GAR?

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Wed Sep 30 10:27:02 CEST 2009

Hi Peter,

Am 30.09.2009 um 09:33 schrieb Peter Bonivart:
> How do I create a package with no dependencies at all with GAR? It
> always adds common (and perl if it's cpan), how can I override that?

The easiest way is to use a custom gspec file. In the dynamic gspec
section there is a line
   %include        url file://csw_dyngspec.gspec
which includes the file
   %include        url file://%{PKGLIB}/csw_vars.gspec
   %include        url file://%{PKGLIB}/csw_prototype.gspec
   %pkginfo        url file://%{WORKSRC}/csw/pkginfo
   %depend:merge   url file://%{PKGLIB}/csw/depend
   %include        url file://%{PKGLIB}/std_depend.gspec
The file pkglib/csw/depend contains the dependency to CSWcommon.
All gspecs include that one. So, add something like this to
files/CSWpkgutil.gspec:

   %var            bitname pkgutil
   %var            pkgname CSWpkgutil
   %include        url file://%{PKGLIB}/csw_vars.gspec
   %include        url file://%{PKGLIB}/csw_prototype.gspec
   %pkginfo        url file://%{WORKSRC}/csw/pkginfo
   %include        url file://%{PKGLIB}/std_depend.gspec

That is, put in the lines from the include with the depend line
skipped. It may be good to do more of this inside the GAR Makefile
in the future.