[csw-maintainers] [csw-buildfarm] ClamAV 0.96 on Solaris9/10 - Intel

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Thu Apr 1 20:30:24 CEST 2010

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 7:46 AM, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:

> +1 from me. But it breaks the long-hated NFS-for-all.

Okay, we know - you dont like this method.
That being said, I would request that we, as a group, and you
particularly as a member of our board, refrain from making further
remarks of this type?

Okay, you dont like it. But there are still quite a few places that
share out software via NFS.
Or other methods that functional for packaging purposes, effectively
similar to it.
(eg: rsync)

To talk like this, is to insult our customers' choices. Not a good
thing at the best of times, but when the choice in this particular
case is a perfectly valid one, especially makes us look bad.