[csw-maintainers] Upgrade problems??

Jeffery Small jeff at cjsa.com
Sun Apr 4 08:27:08 CEST 2010

I have encountered this problem twice now and strongly believe that it is
related to doing a pkg-get upgrade operation.  The problem is that I don't
discover the actual problem until long after the upgrade procedure which I
didn't pay close attention to at the time.

The problem is that I have had some programs - notably xpdf, uninstalled
and then not reinstalled after the upgrade.  I don't notice this until I
try to use xpdf.

When I do discover this, I manually install xpdf again, and I get the
following messages:

Analysing special files...
Please see /opt/csw/share/doc/xpdf/license for license information.
WARNING: /opt/csw/bin/pdffonts <no longer a linked file>
WARNING: /opt/csw/bin/pdfimages <no longer a linked file>
WARNING: /opt/csw/bin/pdfinfo <no longer a linked file>
WARNING: /opt/csw/bin/pdftoppm <no longer a linked file>
WARNING: /opt/csw/bin/pdftops <no longer a linked file>
WARNING: /opt/csw/bin/pdftotext <no longer a linked file>

Installation of <CSWxpdf> was successful.

I remember seeing this message the last time I had to manually reinstalled
xpdf.  Are these messages normal and expected, or do they indicate a
conflict with some other package?  When I do a pkgchk -l CSWxpdf, it
reports that files like pdffonts, pdfimages, pdfinfo, pdftoppm, pdftops,
and pdftotext are referenced by packages CSWpoppler and CSWxpdf.  I'm gonna'
take a guess here and say that there may be a conflict between these two
packages and that may somehow be responsible for CSWxpdf getting trashed -
possibly when CSWpoppler is upgraded?

Any thoughts or comments?

Regards,
--
Jeff

C. Jeffery Small           CJSA LLC                       206-232-3338
jeff at cjsa.com              7000 E Mercer Way, Mercer Island, WA  98040