[csw-maintainers] checkpkg: Detecting file conflicts (wrt the recent ev.h conflict)

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Thu Apr 8 19:22:12 CEST 2010

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 9:05 AM, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski
<maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
> File conflicts appear to be a frequent problem.  There has recently
> been a collision between two packages providing ev.h header.  It also
> seems like Python 3.1 tries to provide /opt/csw/lib/python/os.py -- a
> file which is already provided by Python 2.6.  I'm thinking of
> implementing a check catching file collisions.  Directories would be
> excluded from the check.  What do you think about such check?

it's a good point that we "need something".

I dont see how you could possibly implement something on the GAR side though.

The good news is... I'm now doing it where it belongs. in our package database.

(or at least trying to now. there's a certain amount of cleanup I have
to do first. Like eliminating all the "directory" entries, leaving
just the "file" entries :-/ )