[csw-maintainers] checkpkg behavior

Ihsan Dogan ihsan at opencsw.org
Fri Apr 16 22:43:35 CEST 2010

Hello,

I'm facing the problem that checkpkg behaves on x86 different than on sparc.

INFO:root:Collecting 'CSWirssi' package statistics.
Analyzing collected statistics...
CSWirssi:
# Missing dependencies of CSWirssi:
# If you don't know of any reasons to include these dependencies, you might
# remove them:
# ? CSWiconv
All modular tests were successful.

The following packages have been built:

  CSWirssi
/home/ihsan/staging/build-16.Apr.2010/irssi-0.8.15,REV=2010.04.16-SunOS5.9-sparc-CSW.pkg.gz

        [package] complete for irssi.

Everything is fine on sparc. If I build the same package on x86, this
will happen:

INFO:root:Collecting 'CSWirssi' package statistics.
Analyzing collected statistics...
CSWirssi:
# Missing dependencies of CSWirssi:
# If you don't know of any reasons to include these dependencies, you might
# remove them:
# ? CSWiconv
If any of the reported errors were false positives, you can
override them pasting the lines below to the GAR recipe.
CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWirssi +=
deprecated-library|opt/csw/bin/botti|Deprecated|Berkeley|DB|location|/opt/csw/lib/libdb-4.7.so
CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWirssi +=
deprecated-library|opt/csw/bin/irssi|Deprecated|Berkeley|DB|location|/opt/csw/lib/libdb-4.7.so
ERROR: Modular checks are reporting errors.
To run checkpkg in the debug mode, add the '-d' flag, for example:
After you modify any overrides, you need to do gmake remerge repackage
or gmake platforms-remerge platforms-repackage.
gmake: *** [pkgcheck] Error 2

What is going wrong here?

Ihsan
--