[csw-maintainers] checkpkg behavior

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Fri Apr 16 23:17:46 CEST 2010

No dia 16 de Abril de 2010 21:43, Ihsan Dogan <ihsan at opencsw.org> escreveu:
> I'm facing the problem that checkpkg behaves on x86 different than on sparc.

I don't know why the difference between x86 and sparc, but I can
explain what is the error about.

> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWirssi +=
> deprecated-library|opt/csw/bin/botti|Deprecated|Berkeley|DB|location|/opt/csw/lib/libdb-4.7.so
> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWirssi +=
> deprecated-library|opt/csw/bin/irssi|Deprecated|Berkeley|DB|location|/opt/csw/lib/libdb-4.7.so
> ERROR: Modular checks are reporting errors.

You're not supposed to link against Berkeley DB in /opt/csw/lib, it's
a legacy location.  Even though there is a symlink...

> ls -l /opt/csw/lib/libdb-4.7.so
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root          25 Nov 11 10:52
/opt/csw/lib/libdb-4.7.so -> ../bdb47/lib/libdb-4.7.so

...you're not supposed to link against it.  You need to give a
specific berkeley DB version in the runpath.  The symlink belongs to
the deprecated CSWbdb.  The actual library belongs to CSWbdb47.

In short, you need to prepend the RPATH list with /opt/csw/bdb47/lib.