[csw-maintainers] opening both 32bit and 64bit shared libs

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sun Apr 25 21:41:11 CEST 2010

Hi,

Am 24.04.2010 um 07:01 schrieb Philip Brown:
> On Friday, April 23, 2010,  <Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com> wrote:
>> So when I run "LD_DEBUG=all /opt/csw/sbin/amstatus test" this reference to
>> /opt/csw/lib/sparcv9/libgthread-2.0.so.0 is only mentioned once in the
>> output, see below. I'm not sure out to interrupt this output, does it mean
>> the libgthread-2.0.so.0 is trying to use the 64bit library?
>
> it would appear that it CONSIDERS using it... for which it has to
> open() the file... but then appropriately rejects it.
>
> the odd thing is why ISALIST is expanding to include sparc v9 for a 32
> bit executable. something very wrong there.
> perhaps a prior library incorrectly loaded ?

This is perfectly normal. The reason is because sysinfo(2)(SI_ISALIST,...)
doesn't look for 32/64 bits for the result - it is always the same. The
reason for this is because /usr/lib/isaexec uses this same syscall to
find the best ISA, which may very well be 64 bit binary even if isaesec
itself is 32 bit. It may be wise of there would be another syscall for
the linker, but there isn't. Hence this is normal behaviour and does
not lead to your problem. There must be another cause.