[csw-maintainers] getting apache2 ldaps authentication to work: test openldap, apache2

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sun Apr 25 21:56:52 CEST 2010

Hi Rupert.

Am 25.04.2010 um 17:05 schrieb rupert THURNER:
> last week we did not get the ldaps authentication of apache2 working
> with the current package versions in http://opencsw.org/packages. up
> to now we have no idea if openssl might be responsible or openldap, or
> even apache2.
>
> so i tried to upgrade to recent and recompile the concerned packages
> apche2 (done), openssl (failed in at configure),

Yann: Does it build cleanly for you?

> and openldap
> (half-done).

The package is AFAIK not ready for release and needs some more work.
David Mantock was working on it. David, what is your current status
about it?
I'll also have a look, but the more eyes the better.

> as there are so many dependencies i'd be glad about some help and
> testing. we will test only the following scenario: apache2
> authentication via ldaps, on sparc. as openssl recently was
> successfully built, we will  try two scenarios, (1) with the old
> openssl and (2) with a newly built openldap.
>
> when compiling i had 3 issues see below for the longer error messages:
> 1. openldap did not link on i386
> 2. gar complained when doing a remerge

I'll see if I can reproduce it.

> 3. openssl - configure did not work

It looks like the patches can not be applied to 1.0.0 Yann?