[csw-maintainers] [csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs py_hachoir_core, py_hachoir_parser

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Tue Apr 27 19:55:26 CEST 2010

No dia 27 de Abril de 2010 17:31, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> escreveu:
> huh.
> it would appear that the "core" was already named normally, but the
> parser was not.
> even though the "software name" already had the py prefix.

Yes, it has fallen through the cracks.  I had the right thing in mind,
but missed the pkgname.

I'm planning on adding a check for it.

Dear maintainers, what do you think about the following:

If a package installs stuff into /opt/csw/lib/python/site-packages,
checkpkg will require the pkgname to begin with CSWpy-" and
catalogname with "py_".  If there are larger packages with just a
couple Python files, a Python subpackage might be separated out (which
usually is a good practice anyway) and prefixed.  If there are
exceptions (such as pythonsvn), overrides can be used.

Thoughts?