[csw-maintainers] Preliminary package reviews

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Mon Aug 16 18:21:34 CEST 2010

"Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski" <maciej at opencsw.org> writes:

> No dia 16 de Agosto de 2010 10:39, Dagobert Michelsen
> <dam at opencsw.org> escreveu:
>> Hi Maciej,
>>
>> Am 16.08.2010 um 10:47 schrieb Dagobert Michelsen:
>>>
>>> - it would be nice if the repository link from the pkginfo
>>>   OPENCSW_REPOSITORY:
>>> https://gar.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gar/csw/mgar/pkg/mysql5/branches/mysql-5.1.x@10727
>>>  would be a link also to directly jump to the GAR manifest
>>
>> This
>>  https://gar.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gar/csw/mgar/pkg/mysql5/branches/mysql-5.1.x@10727
>> would be need to be rewritten for browsing as
>>  http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/browser/csw/mgar/pkg/mysql5/branches/mysql-5.1.x?rev=10727
>
> Link to the repo:
> I find that talking directly to the subversion repository
> (gar.svn.sourceforge.net) is faster, for now I've linked to it.
>
> Readability of lists:
> I've addressed Peter's suggestion to expand the runpath and needed soname lists.

Can you do the same for:

parsed basename

{'arch': 'i386',
 'catalogname': 'mysql51',
 'full_version_string': '5.1.49,REV=2010.08.12',
 'osrel': 'SunOS5.9',
 'revision_info': {'REV': '2010.08.12'},
 'vendortag': 'CSW',
 'version': '5.1.49',
 'version_info': {'major version': '5',
                  'minor version': '1',
                  'patchlevel': '49'}}

isalist

('pentium_pro+mmx', 'pentium_pro', 'pentium+mmx', 'pentium', 'i486',
'i386', 'i86')

Don't forget: when the human is the reader you need to pretty print...

> Table view:
> I like Dago's idea to create a table with sonames and runpaths, but
> haven't implemented it yet.

Frankly I didn't got Dago's request. An example could be helpful.

> Mechanism of submission:
> For now, there's only the tool to generate the HTML code.  I'm open to
> suggestions what the submission mechanism could look like.  (A
> command-line tool?  Something similar to submitpkg?)

command line is necessary and sufficient.

> Keeping the unpacked files:
> Currently, the extracted package is deleted as soon as statistics are
> collected.  I understand that you would like to open the files
> directly in the browser.  I wouldn't like to keep the unpacked files
> around.  If you would like to have a shortcut to jump into the files
> on a FS, maybe there's another way?  There could be a separate
> mechanism to keep unpacked packages.  Another idea is to provide a
> couple of copy/paste shell lines to help the reviewer get started with
> the unpacking:
>
> wget <url>
> gunzip <file>
> pktrans <gunzipped> ./ all
> cd <pkgname>

Keeping the extracted package is a waste of space. I prefer that you
just provide the instructions to do it as you show above.

> Where the <url>, <file>, and other bits would be pre-filled in the HTML.
>
> The updated report is now up.  I've also added a couple links, for
> example from needed sonames to file search on the website, and from
> the 'depends' section to package pages on the website.

Nicer...

--
Peter