[csw-maintainers] Preliminary package reviews

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Tue Aug 17 12:38:16 CEST 2010

No dia 16 de Agosto de 2010 17:21, Peter FELECAN
<pfelecan at opencsw.org> escreveu:
>> Readability of lists:
>> I've addressed Peter's suggestion to expand the runpath and needed soname lists.
>
> Can you do the same for:
>
> parsed basename
>
> {'arch': 'i386',
>  'catalogname': 'mysql51',
>  'full_version_string': '5.1.49,REV=2010.08.12',
>  'osrel': 'SunOS5.9',
>  'revision_info': {'REV': '2010.08.12'},
>  'vendortag': 'CSW',
>  'version': '5.1.49',
>  'version_info': {'major version': '5',
>                  'minor version': '1',
>                  'patchlevel': '49'}}
>
> isalist
>
> ('pentium_pro+mmx', 'pentium_pro', 'pentium+mmx', 'pentium', 'i486',
> 'i386', 'i86')
>
> Don't forget: when the human is the reader you need to pretty print...

Yes, these are prettified as well now.  I also added a table of
contents, and updated the example to include more than one package:
http://bender.opencsw.org/~maciej/pkg-review-prototype.html

>> Table view:
>> I like Dago's idea to create a table with sonames and runpaths, but
>> haven't implemented it yet.
>
> Frankly I didn't got Dago's request. An example could be helpful.
>
>> Mechanism of submission:
>> For now, there's only the tool to generate the HTML code.  I'm open to
>> suggestions what the submission mechanism could look like.  (A
>> command-line tool?  Something similar to submitpkg?)
>
> command line is necessary and sufficient.

Dago is already thinking of creating some kind of a pipeline: a set of
packages is picked up (a command line tool, or dropping into a
directory), then dissected by checkpkg.  A HTML report is generated
and the package gets also unpacked into a directory from which the
contents is served over HTTP.

I've also added a flag to specify the HTML template to use.  Dago can
now experiment with adding links, for instance.