[csw-maintainers] Updated postfix packages (2.7.1) in experimental/, testing appreciated

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Tue Aug 17 18:49:59 CEST 2010

* Sebastian Kayser <skayser at opencsw.org> wrote:
> after ages(eseses) I finally tackled the postfix package upgrade and an
> updated package (2.7.1) is now available from experimental/.

A question regarding the package: currently it is the full featured
postfix with all dependencies (ldap, kerberos, postgres, mysql).

In addition to this package I would like to provide a postfix_simple
package which is a feature-stripped version without a big dependency
chain. Similar to what Ihsan provides on his own [1].

Are there any objections to or thoughts on this? The GAR recipe [2]
already supports building this alternative package by setting
'BUILDTYPE=simple' on the commandline, so it's just a matter of running
the build twice.

Sebastian

[1] http://ihsan.dogan.ch/postfix/
[2] https://gar.svn.sf.net/svnroot/gar/csw/mgar/pkg/postfix/branches/postfix-2.7/Makefile