[csw-maintainers] [csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs rssh

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Tue Aug 24 03:45:47 CEST 2010

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 5:07 PM, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Mon Aug 23 18:43:47 -0400 2010:
>
>> Incidentally, I tested and committed the changes into gar trunk for
>> cswclassutils, and was going to put a test package out for folks...
>> but now it's whining about stuff and I have no idea how to fix it.
>
> gmake makesums;
> <update version number in Makefile>
> svn ci -m 'cswclassutils blah blah'
>
> It was the makesums bit that stopped things from working[1].

well, it initially whined about that. then I did the make makesums.
then it built the package.. but it was UNCOMMITTED... then I tried the
build again... then it blew up, with some very unhelpful messages.

>  It may
> have worked prior to your commit if you hadn't done a `gmake
> clean|spotless` in the meantime

i did not do that.

> We had previously decided to split this package into per-classutil
> packages with classutils itself depending on all the sub-packages...I
> guess now is the time to do that?

possibly.
there may be a little bit of clumping granularity that makes sense,
but I'm not entirely sure.
Maybe *conf* stuff.. and then *etc* stuff, and then misc?
I didnt realize we had quite so many scripts (12!) when I first
suggested the split.
Do we really want a separate package per script?
(maybe we do, I dunno)

> [1] I was going to rip the makesums stuff out, but it proved to be a
>    much more invasive change to GAR than I'd expected and testing it
>    stalled.

Nuts. I was wondering why it was still there even after I did an
update of gar tree.
How about just changing the "verify checksums" bit to always return
true, for now?