[csw-maintainers] Preliminary package reviews

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Aug 26 08:23:05 CEST 2010

No dia 18 de Agosto de 2010 21:48, Dagobert Michelsen
<dam at opencsw.org> escreveu:
> It looks mighty good. But I have a question: The checkpkg checks all
> the files at once. I suppose the output is cached in my home directory,
> so I must run pkgdb immediately after the checkpkg, right?

Not immediately, the only requirement is to run checkpkg prior to
running pkgdb.  The reason is that pkgdb lacks at the moment the
ability to unpack files and relies on the data already being there in
the database.

> This makes parallel execution from user "web" produce corrupt
> output, right?

Once the data is in the database, there are no restrictions on
parallel runs.  pkgdb only reads the data, no potential for corruption
there.  I could imagine some form of race condition if one process was
inserting thedata into the database, and the other would try to read
not-yet-complete records, I haven't armored the system against it.  Do
I need to?