[csw-maintainers] Failing tests for CSWfindutils

Gordon Marler gmarler at gmarler.com
Tue Aug 24 04:36:32 CEST 2010

While working to update the CSWfindutils GAR recipe, I'm running into a
problem with a few of the tests.  My latest attempt has been checked
into the SVN repo, and the failures are documented there.

These break down into two categories:

1. Those that depend on the regex library delivered with the findutils
source, as it's expecting to find the one provided by GNU libc, and
Solaris doesn't provide it.  As far as I can tell, we're forced to
either rely on the regex provided with the source, or statically
build/link against some recent GNU libc.:

2. Some permissioning problems that prevent 4 of the tests from running.
  Can't find the source of these issues so far.

Gordon