[csw-maintainers] Oddity with Runpath and GCC4 on Solaris 10 x86

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Mon Dec 6 18:39:06 CET 2010

* Geoff Davis <gadavis at opencsw.org> wrote:
> On 12/6/2010 3:24 AM, Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> >One last question: When I read INFOFILES I think of texinfo-files,
> >or at most pkginfo, but not prototype "i"-files. Maybe we can get
> >some more informal votes on the best name?
> PKGPROTO_I_FILE? PROTO_I_FILE maybe?
>
> PROTOIFILE without underscores reads funny to my eyes.

How about a package-implementation-agnostic variable? Such that when we
eventually switch to IPS, the variable doesn't need to change. E.g.:
RELEASEMGR_NOTES?

Or tackled completely different: extract the whole first bunch of
comment lines from a build description (that's where people can document
oddities so that they are instantly visible to anyone who is working on
a build description) and put these comments into the cswreleasemgr file
automagically?

Sebastian