[csw-maintainers] voting mechanisms proposal

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Fri Dec 10 17:44:11 CET 2010

The current voting mechanism proposed by Ihsan. is that two people be
designated as "vote counters", and then members who wish to vote, then
email their votes to those two people.
I think we can do better.

http://www.ballotbin.com

would seem to meet our needs perfectly. I'm thinking it could even be
the official OpenCSW voting mechanism for the future as well.

- it's free

- a "voting administrator" sets up a poll, and gets to send out
invites to a set of people.
Those people get notifications of where and how to vote.
Their vote is taken securely, AND anonymously. Even the voting
administrator does not see who voted for what.

- It is very flexible for different kinds of polls. See sample templates at
http://www.ballotbin.com/demo.php