[csw-maintainers] voting this weekend

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Sat Dec 11 20:19:15 CET 2010

Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> writes:

> Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Sat Dec 11 12:33:21 -0500 2010:
>
>> Correction: you do NOT have to join the wave, to vote for the new
>> board.
>
> Well, you'll notice that in the wave, there was a discussion about
> this.  The sentiment is that if you don't attend the 'meeting' you
> don't get a vote...this would mimic the real world more closely.

I have a mitigated opinion about this: letting all foundation members
to vote is more democratic per see. However, not making the minimal
effort to participate in the discussion can be seen as a lack of
implication. Note that the people participating in the wave are those
participating in the maintainers discussions. It's true that the
participation in the wave is similar to the real world foundation
assemblies.

--
Peter