[csw-maintainers] voting this weekend

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Sun Dec 12 03:27:01 CET 2010

On Saturday, December 11, 2010, Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> writes:

> I have a mitigated opinion about this: letting all foundation members
> to vote is more democratic per see. However, not making the minimal
> effort to participate in the discussion can be seen as a lack of
> implication.

that's all fine if it was made clear BEFORE the meeting ," if you
don't attend you can't vote"

but it was not.

even further , the exact OPPOSITE was indicated.
a member specifically requested if he could vote "outside" of the
meeting; a positive reply was given, and there were no dissents to it.
It would be outrageous to tell people after the fact, "oh by the way
we took away your right to vote, in the meeting we know you couldn't
come to".

The same courtesy should be given to all Members in good standing, in
light of the rushed nature of this whole affair.

Next year, now that we have a better idea of how these things work, we
could be reasonably more hard-nosed about it