[csw-maintainers] Package browser enhancement (was Re: Bug in HTML on our website)

William Bonnet william at wbonnet.net
Sun Dec 12 23:33:17 CET 2010

Hi

> Hey, William is alive++ :D
Just back from somespace time ;)
> Could you add this to your Wordpress package browser?
It's done on the mockup website. Could you please give a look to

http://www-mockup.opencsw.org/packages/libdnet/ for package with
repository url information and

http://www-mockup.opencsw.org/packages/common/ for a package without
information

Feedbacks are welcome :)

This feature is available for all the package on the mockup website. The
page generates the sf.net url. It works in most of the case. I write
most of the case, not all, because even if url generation is correction,
it looks like some pages are not available from sf.net. Maybe
information from our package (thus stored in the db) is obsolete ? or
maybe directory structure has changed and revision is ignored ? I don't
know yet...
> For the field name in the package browser, there was no huge consensus,
> but Jonathan suggested 'Package Build Repository' [2] which should do
> for now.
I used Jonathan suggestion, which i like, but it's easy to modify if
needed.

Deployment on the production web site will be really fast once i got
some feedback.

@Phil : Since you have added this exrta column would it be possible to
add some more information in order to generate the direct download link
please ? :)

cheers
W.

--