[csw-maintainers] checkpkg: New feature: file collision detection

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Mon Dec 13 15:54:11 CET 2010

No dia 13 de Dezembro de 2010 14:14, Peter FELECAN
<pfelecan at opencsw.org> escreveu:
> "Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski" <maciej at opencsw.org> writes:
>
>> [...] However, since all database
>> interaction is now handled by an ORM, [...]
>
> can you explain what's an ORM? (? : Object-relational mapping, a
> software-programming issue in linking object-oriented code with
> relational databases)

Yes, that's it, object-relational mapping.  In this case, it's
sqlobject[1].  It abstracts away SQL handling, including compatibility
issues between databases and database drivers for your language.

In r11890[2], you can see a revert of a performance fix I tried to
implement.  It worked for sqlite, but not for MySQL.

We could try again, using different SQL templates depending on the
database module.  Each database module provides a parameter called
'paramstyle', which tells you whether to use '?', '%s', or something
else.  This is part of Python Database API Specification v2.0[3].
Using this, we can vary the template, and achieve compatibility
between MySQL and sqlite.

An alternate approach would be to use sqlobject's SQL representation
generator - that would be much better.

Maciej

[1] http://www.sqlobject.org/
[2] http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/changeset/11890