[csw-maintainers] checkpkg: New feature: file collision detection

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Tue Dec 14 14:20:51 CET 2010

No dia 14 de Dezembro de 2010 10:46, Peter FELECAN
<pfelecan at opencsw.org> escreveu:
> Angry is not the word that I'd use to characterize my usual state of
> mind. If we need to chose between beauty (ugly code) and good (happy
> user) maybe we need to look for the truth: the code should not be
> uglier than necessary to accomplish what we want... and what we want in
> this case is to have a good collision detection in a reasonable time on
> the build farm and outside the build farm.

There's another option - if you have a local OpenCSW mirror, you can
import it to your database and turn off automatic database
maintenance.  There is documentation for it:

http://wiki.opencsw.org/checkpkg#toc5

You can also make a copy of the database on the buildfarm - all its
contents is based on public package catalogs - and copy it to your
site.  This way, you can avoid indexing catalogs, which is a lengthy
process. After your database is ready, there will be no inefficient
reindexing any more.  Make sure to switch off automatic database
management in the config file.