[csw-maintainers] addition to CSWcommon?

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Wed Dec 15 19:29:30 CET 2010

On 12/15/10, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski <maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
> No dia 15 de Dezembro de 2010 17:28, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com>
> escreveu:
>> We've flip-flopped a few times on where the "best" location for that is.
>> In the most recent round, I believe that most people agreed that we
>> should be consistent and put things like that (global templates) under
>>  /opt/csw/etc.
>> So /opt/csw/etc/init.d would be better.
>
> There's a problem with it, such setup has a failure mode, described here:
> http://lists.opencsw.org/pipermail/maintainers/2010-June/012145.html
>
> There's no workaround for it at the moment.

Thanks for picking that up.
However, to be more accurate, there is no workaround currently *implemented*.
There has been a workaround that has been proposed.

http://lists.opencsw.org/pipermail/maintainers/2010-June/012162.html

or a cleaner version,
http://lists.opencsw.org/pipermail/maintainers/2010-June/012167.html

after which we had a long technical discussion on cleanliness and
appropriateness of code, which ended with:
http://lists.opencsw.org/pipermail/maintainers/2010-June/012396.html

Quote:

>*drumroll*
>/me is convinced

Writen by none other than.... "Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski" :-D

I regret that I dropped the ball and did not implement the solution
agreed upon.. but is still the technically agreed upon solution.
(modify cswinitsmf, and change future use of packages calling it, to
put their init templates
 under /opt/csw/etc/cswinitsmf/CSWxxx )

Perhaps someone with more free time available than me, could get this
implemented sooner rather than later-if-we-wait-for-Phil?