[csw-maintainers] Interaction between PRESERVECONF, USERGROUP and PROTOTYPE_CLASS_foo

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Fri Dec 17 00:43:02 CET 2010

On 12/15/10, Geoff Davis <gadavis at opencsw.org> wrote:

> How do I get the permissions on cswpreserveconf-managed files to be
> non-globally readable, but instead readable only by a user that is created
> by cswusergroup?

If you were creating packages more directly like I do, rather than
using GAR, I would suggest
creating prototype entries such as

f cswusergroup /etc/opt/csw/pkg/CSWyourpkg/cswusergroup 0644 root bin
f cswpreserveconf /path/you/need.conf.CSW 0600 someuser somegroup

and in pkginfo
CLASSES=cswusergroup cswpreserveconf none

and then in theory, it should work how you wish it to.