[csw-maintainers] GAR wrapper

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Wed Dec 22 01:00:31 CET 2010

Sebastian Kayser wrote on 26.11.2010 14:27:
> As the mgar wrapper hasn't been announced here yet, I am gonna make up
> for it now: I've built a small command line wrapper prototype for GAR
> (currently called mgar). It aims to be a central interface to all things
> GAR

FYI: With r212, mgar [1] just learned about an automatic path prefix for
commit log messages. Example:

$ pwd
/home/skayser/mgar/pkg/colortail/trunk
$ mgar commit -m "foo"

This will send a commit with a log message of "colortail/trunk: foo". No
need to specify the prefix manually (if you do, mgar won't prepend one).
This prefix has been customary for a while and makes it easier for
people who browse the devel list or the Trac timeline [2,3] to identify
commits which they might be interested in.

Sebastian

[1] http://wiki.opencsw.org/gar-wrapper