[csw-maintainers] Suggested description check for checkpkg

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Wed Dec 29 16:46:22 CET 2010

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 3:54 PM, Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org> wrote:
> I'm not so fond of this kind of restrictions. Parser can be made
> "smarter" at small cost...

The cost can grow when others find ways to demand "smarter" parsers.
What I found today was unexpected, what's it gonna be tomorrow? ;-)

What I suggested is a new check in checkpkg and all of those can be
overridden if needed. If a maintainer got such errors he could
probably in every case replace " - " with ", " and "::" with "-".

Here's the complete list: http://paste.pocoo.org/show/311358/ (don't
mind the "classification")

/peter