[csw-maintainers] addition to CSWcommon?

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Fri Dec 31 22:06:19 CET 2010

No dia 31 de Dezembro de 2010 19:59, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> escreveu:
> Excerpts from Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski's message of Wed Dec 29 21:52:33 -0500 2010:
>
> Hi Maciej,
>
>> The 'none' class creates the missing files automatically, and we have
>> a large number of files that are missing base directories.
>
> I like the intent, but I'm not sure I like the result.  Wouldn't it be
> better to simply tell the maintainer to ensure the package provides
> this directory instead of potentially suggesting that the package
> depend on other random looking (although definitely not random)
> packages that do?

This is a good point.  The only worry is that the created directory
might conflict with other existing directories.  This problem is not
specific to this issue, I just would like checkpkg to give a sane
suggestion that does not result in one package creating the directory
as root:bin and another as, say, root:lp.