[csw-maintainers] RFD: Releases and staging proposal

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Tue Feb 2 17:53:42 CET 2010

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 8:26 AM, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski
<maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:

> http://wiki.opencsw.org/releases-and-staging
>
> I'd like to thank all the people who helped by discussing,
> copy-editing and reviewing the document.
>
> What do people think about this design?  Should we modify it?  Should
> we implement it?  Please discuss.

There is somewhat of an overstatement in the document:

>Where do we want to be

>The release branch naming and meaning shall be modeled on Debian's: experimental, unstable, >testing and stable.

Claiming where "we want to be", is a very strongly worded statement. I
think it is inappropriate to make such a statement of "what we want",
until a majority of "members" have actually voted that to be so.

While I recognize that a nice chunk of folks discussed it at the
Wintercamp (and I regret that due to financial reasons and scheduling
I could not make it), that group of people did not constitute a voting
majority, as far as I am aware.