[csw-maintainers] GAR: archall - a new checkpkg module

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Feb 4 03:20:02 CET 2010

I wrote a new check for GAR.  It throws an error when a package is
marked ARCHALL = 1 and contains any binaries.  Conversely, when a
package is not ARCHALL = 1 and does not contain any binaries, a
suggestion to make it architecture-independent, is printed to screen.
It's only a suggestion though, since there might be other reasons to
make a package architecture-dependent.  I spoke about this today with
Phil on IRC, there may be devel packages with architecture related
settings.  I need to hunt down some of them and build checks based on
some examples.  Here's one:

> cat /opt/csw/lib/pkgconfig/libclamav.pc
(...)
Cflags: -I${includedir} -xO2 -xarch=v8 -I/opt/csw/include

More examples of any autodetectible reasons why a binary-free package
might be architecture-dependent, would be appreciated.