[csw-maintainers] [GAR] Overrides implemented

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Sun Feb 7 13:33:34 CET 2010

On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 11:56 PM, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski
<maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
> I've implemented overrides for the modular checks in checkpkg and
> committed it in r8367.

There's an update: r8369 improves the screen output to be more informative.

There one more important change I need to mention.  Missing
dependencies are no longer suggestions, they are errors.  This means a
relatively high rate of false positives, especially for SUNW packages.
 Here's an example:

# You can use the following lines to create overrides
# See http://wiki.opencsw.org/checkpkg
# /var/tmp/dissect.26101/tags.libs:
# Tags reported by shared library linking consistency module
CSWlibpq-84: missing-dependency SUNWlmsx
CSWlibpq-84: missing-dependency CSWkrb5lib

One of them is a genuine missing library: CSWkrb5lib.  I added it to
RUNTIME_DEP_PKGS.  But I don't want to add the other one.  To fix
this, I added the following lines to my Makefile:

        ginstall -m 755 -d $(PKGROOT)$(prefix)/share/checkpkg/overrides
        (echo "CSWlibpq-84: missing-dependency SUNWgssx"; \
         echo "CSWlibpq-84: missing-dependency SUNWlmsx"; \
        ) \