[csw-maintainers] pkgrequests better on Mantis

William Bonnet william at wbonnet.net
Mon Feb 8 00:22:35 CET 2010

Hi Dagobert
> we just got another package request. I propose to collect
> package requests in Mantis. This way it is cleanly tracked.
> After the package has been released the "bug" can be moved
> over the new category and the original submitter gets
> notified automatically when the package is released.
>
> Comments?
Very good idea

But i have a question :)

 From what i understand, pkgrequest deals with "please can you add this
package to the catalog", and mantis keeps track of bugs on packages.

Thus, when you request a package it does not exist in the catalog nor in
mantis.

So my question is how will you handle that ? does it mean missing
packages will be automatically added to mantis ? or should we create à
special package for that ? like a "pkgrequest" entry and open bugs on it ?

cheers
W.

--
William                  http://www.wbonnet.net