[csw-maintainers] Strange checkpkg override behavior

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Wed Feb 17 09:17:30 CET 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 12:54 AM, Roger Håkansson <hson at opencsw.org> wrote:
> When trying to package ilmbase I get some errors regarding
> symbols-not-found.
> But all my attempts to override them fails on the buildfarm, however on my
> own build machine I have no problem.

> I've tried using several different syntaxes for the override
(....)

> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWilmbase += symbol-not-found|libIex.so.2.0.2
> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWilmbase += symbol-not-found|libHalf.so.2.0.2
> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWilmbase += symbol-not-found|libImath.so.2.0.2
> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWilmbase += symbol-not-found|libIlmThread.so.6.0.0
> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWilmbase += symbol-not-found|libImath.so.6.0.0

This one is a good syntax.  Otherwise you could use
"CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES =", but then it would apply to all the packages
within the build description, not just CSWilmbase.

As far as debugging is concerned: could you show show the resulting
override file?  Is it created, and is it in the right directory?  It
should be in /opt/csw/share/checkpkg/overrides/ilmbase in the package
and it should contain lines such as "CSWilmbase: symbol-not-found
libIex.so.2.0.2".