[csw-maintainers] complex trac issue

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Sat Feb 20 18:14:07 CET 2010

I have a complex trac issue and I don't think that is only one package
which is in question (this multiplicity makes reporting difficult with
mantis).

On January 17th I updated one of my servers running Solaris 10 U8,
x86. Among the updated packages were:

- 1.6.6 svn
- 2.6.4 python
- 1.7.1 pysvn
- 1.6.6 ap2svn

Since then, the:

      trac-admin environment resync

doesn't work any more and the error message is:

        Command failed: Unsupported version control system "svn": "No
        module named svn"

I think that there is an issue of version synchronization between all
this and probably something erroneous about pysvn (on which the current
trac is depending) and pythonsvn (which a new instance but the current
trac doesn't depend on); pysvn has a strange description string "python"
while pythonsvn has the expected description: "Subversion Python
Language Binding".

In the mantis pages of trac there is some reference on pythonsvn
replacing pysvn and a new trac put in testing at the end of the past
year.

Can the corresponding maintainers for the above mentioned packages look
into this please? I'm willing to help...
--
Peter