[csw-maintainers] CSWoldap

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Fri Feb 26 09:56:35 CET 2010

Hi David,

Am 24.02.2010 um 16:26 schrieb Mantock David:
> I followed the normal procedure for packaging with gar.
> My environment does not override the /etc/opt/csw/garrc BUILDHOST or
> PACKAGING_HOST variables.
>
> ------------snip----------------------------------------------
> dlm at login [login]:~ > ssh build10x
> Last login: Mon Feb 22 09:38:04 2010 from login.bo.opencs
> Sun Microsystems Inc.   SunOS 5.10      Generic January 2005
> dlm at build10x [global]:~ > which gmake
> no gmake in /usr/bin /usr/sbin /sbin /usr/ccs/bin /usr/dt/bin /usr/
> openwin/bin /opt/bop/bin /usr/sfw/bin /usr/sfw/sbin
>
> ------------
> snip
>

> If I only wanted to build a package for this architecture shouldn't
> the gar stuff be here anyway?

It is, but as Maciej and Sebastian pointed out /opt/csw/bin is not in
the default path.
Until now it was in the responsibility of the maintainer to set up
PATH correctly, but
I do see the argument and will change it so the default path is set up
correctly.

To multi-ISA GAR: Usually you don't need to hop over to build10x.
Usually you go to
build8x and say
   gmake package
and it hops over to any machine necessary. If you go to build10x to
debug the amd64 build
make sure to make the i386 32 bit version first on build8s. GAR builds
them in order
and would otherwise try to build 32 bit on build10x which is not
correct.