[csw-maintainers] libcairo dependency on /usr/openwin/lib/libX11.so...

Roger Håkansson hson at opencsw.org
Sat Jan 9 23:41:46 CET 2010

Since the packages in /opt/csw/X11/lib got updated and more and more
packages started to get linked to those, I've started updating my
packages but often gotten into trouble with the following error.

XSolarisIASetProcessInfo            /usr/openwin/lib/libX11.so.4

At first I just made some changes so that /usr/openwin/lib/libXext.so
got added to the link-phase, but then I started to wonder why some of
the newly updated packages still required those old libraries.

It seems that the problem is libcairo and libxrender.
When libcairo is built, it needs libXrender and finds one in
/opt/csw/lib (which according to dago's comments in the Makefile is kept
there for compatibility issues).
But that lib is linked to libX11.so.4 (openwin version) and not
libX11.so.6 (csw version) which the libXrender under /opt/csw/X11/lib is
not.
The reason for this is simple, gar adds $(prefix)/X11/lib after
$(prefix)/lib and thus libcairo gets linked to the old libXrender library.

I've committed some changes to the Makefile which fixes this problem.

Dago, could you repackage and update buildfarm (maybe start on build8st
and build8xt so we can work our way through all dependencies before
releasing?)