[csw-maintainers] GAR and isaexec: merging to $ISA subdirs doesn't work

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Jan 14 19:15:32 CET 2010

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 10:03 PM, Sebastian Kayser <skayser at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Hi Dago,
>
> Dagobert Michelsen wrote on 06.01.2010 22:36:
>> Am 06.01.2010 um 12:12 schrieb Sebastian Kayser:
>>> I just removed NO_ISAEXEC=1 from the mbuffer package to make it a
>>> regular 32-/64-bit package with isaexec as a wrapper. The resulting
>>> package looks just like before though. No isaexec symlink and the
>>> default $ISA in bin/. What's wrong? Running "gmake spotless package"
>>> leads to the same result. Current build description is checked
>>> in [1].
>>
>> I guess you hit this bug:
>>   <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2904435&group_id=229205&atid=1075770>
>>
>> Please try "gmake repackage" unless it has been fixed.
>
> indeed, "gmake repackage" did the trick. Thank you.

With this kind of a volatile problem, having a check would be good.
This is more or less what I was getting at with the post-prototype
pre-package check in GAR.  If the problem happens regularly, we need
to at least detect the problem every time it happens.

Dago, do you have an implementation idea from the top of your head?