[csw-maintainers] GAR: Least invasive way to pre-pend extra lib directories to LDFLAGS/LD_OPTIONS?

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sun Jan 17 21:14:39 CET 2010

Hi Sebastian,

Am 17.01.2010 um 18:09 schrieb Sebastian Kayser:
> a general GAR question. I know about EXTRA_LIBS which _appends_ the
> given directories to the default LDFLAGS and LD_OPTIONS while also
> considering a possible $ISALIST for each of these directories. Is
> there
> any variable which does the same, but pre-pends the given directories?

Not yet.

> For test purposes, I would like to have a binary with /opt/csw/bdb47/
> lib
> as the first component in the runpath (but i would like to avoid
> fiddling with LDFLAGS and LD_OPTIONS manually so to preserve as much
> of
> the defaults as possible).

I have the feeling that it is generally a good idea to prepend manually
set directories to the linker list as the contained libraries may be
only there (which would cause no damage) or the would be more
specialized
like the general one (what is failing right now).

That's why I think it would be good to change the order of directory
pathes as linker parameters. As this change is somewhat invasive I would
like some feedback of some senior packages (read: all of you :-)