[csw-maintainers] new mailing list?

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Jan 25 19:25:48 CET 2010

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 11:48 AM, Ihsan Dogan <ihsan at opencsw.org> wrote:

> newpkgs will be renamed to pkgsubmissions.
> newpkgs will be the new lists name?
>
> Is that fine for everybody?

No it is not.
"newpkgs", is at this point, a long established "customer facing api".

It has been out there *for years*.
Because of that, I think we should not change it.

For those who care: there are 375 people currently subscribed to the
existing "newpkgs" mailing list.

It would not be good "customer service" to force all those people to change.

We should especially not take the old name, and use it for something
completely opposite.
If we are busy renaming, and we want consistency, then lets rename the
internal interfaces only.

We can rename the "newpkgs" directory to something,and then create a
new mailing list with the same name?