[csw-maintainers] maintainers email addrs on packages

Roger Håkansson hson at opencsw.org
Thu Jan 28 01:28:43 CET 2010

Sebastian Kayser wrote:
> Philip Brown wrote on 20.01.2010 22:30:
>> On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 11:09 AM, James Lee <james at opencsw.org> wrote:
>>> We could also have several people receiving the emails in the case
>>> of a maintainer team - or a mailing list.
>> Hrrrm.. I can ALMOST visualize supporting MULTIPLE email addrs in the
>> EMAIL= field of pkginfo. mantis DOES support having multiple people as
>> manager of a package.
>
> No ... please. Let's eventually de-couple our meta information handling
> from the bug handling in Mantis - not work it even more deeper into it.
>
> I would have wanted to assign global maintainer privileges to all CSW
> maintainers for a while now, so that bug handling across
> packages/projects gets easier. Currently though, our
> "package-to-maintainer" mapping is based on those privileges in Mantis,
> so I can't easily manage permissions in Mantis without risking to mess
> up the mappings.

Is the mapping based on who's "manager" for a package?
Then it wouldn't be a problem to give all maintainers "developer
"privileges to all projects in Mantis, right?
That way the only thing a "developer" can't(if I remember the default
settings for Mantis) do is to close issues and assign them, which still
would fall upon the maintainer for that package.