[csw-maintainers] GAR: New checkpkg module: pkgmap / pkginfo class action integrity

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Thu Jan 28 16:33:16 CET 2010

Hi Maciej,

Am 28.01.2010 um 16:24 schrieb Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski:
> Pardon my ignorance, at what stage is checkinstall being run?

Checkinstall is run early during package installation before
classes are applied to the files. This way a package can compute
which files need to be installed. For example the Veritas Volume
Manager has kernel modules for all supported OS revisions in the
package, each tagged with a different class. During checkinstall
only the kernel modules for the current architecture are selected
by dynamically modifying the installed classes.

Or you could have a request script asking the user if he wants
documentation installed and dynamically add the "docs" class.
Together with pkgask(1) this is very elegant, but will go
away soon with IPS anyway...

>> depending
>> on the system where the package is installed. I don't know if there
>> are any package that make use of this, but everyone please keep an
>> open eye on this!
>
> I hope that if this issue ever crops up, I'll have the overrides
> mechanism in place.

Ok, good.