[csw-maintainers] Package policy questions

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Thu Jan 28 21:44:07 CET 2010

Hi Roger,

Am 28.01.2010 um 21:16 schrieb Dagobert Michelsen:
> Am 28.01.2010 um 21:06 schrieb Roger Håkansson:
>> I think I've read somewhere that we should strive to build all
>> packages with as many options enabled as possible, which seems like
>> a good idea.
>> But what about delivering different functionality in the same
>> package for 32/64-bit binaries?
>> I've been looking into enabling 64-bit support for ImageMagick, but
>> the dependency chain is starting to get huge and when that list
>> include packages like libbonobo2 it becomes a bit tricky.
>> The amount of packages affected by an upgrade of for example
>> libbonobo2 are huge.

I remember. I was working on libbonobo2 and stuck at an error during
IDL compilation
from ORBit2, then decided it was an orbit-thing and updated ORBit2 to
the latest
version including 64 bit but it didn't help. On compilation I get

> /opt/csw/bin/orbit-idl-2 -I../idl -D__Bonobo_COMPILATION -
> D__Bonobo_Unknown_COMPILATION -D__Bonobo_GenericFactory_COMPILATION -
> D__Bonobo_Activation_types_COMPILATION --imodule ../idl/Bonobo.idl
> orbit-idl-2 2.14.17 compiling
>   mode, hide preprocessor errors, passes: stubs skels common headers
> imodule
>
> Processing file ../idl/Bonobo.idl
> ../idl/Bonobo.idl:35: Error: syntax error, unexpected TOK_SRCFILE,
> expecting TOK_ENUM or TOK_STRUCT or TOK_UNION
>
> ** (orbit-idl-2:19669): WARNING **: ../idl/Bonobo.idl compilation
> failed
> gmake: *** [Bonobo.h] Error 1

Any ideas of what is going on there? Everything is checked into GAR at
   pkg/libbonobo2