[csw-maintainers] [RFC] splitting cswclassutils

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Tue Jul 13 03:12:45 CEST 2010

Hi All,

I'd like to propose that cswclassutils be split as follows:

1. Each i/r script pair becomes a separate package named CSWcu-foo
2. CSWclassutils becomes an empty package depending on all CSWcu-foo
   packages.  It will only change when we add/remove a CSWcu-foo
   package.

This would make bug tracking nicer as it currently burdens Peter B
even when he's not the author/maintainer of the script in question.
It should also make coordination of the package easier as one person
isn't repsonsible for ensuring that all separate script updates have
been tested before asking for a new release, etc.

(I think this was suggested a few weeks back, but I'm formalizing the
rfc.)

Thoughts?

Thanks